Thursday, January 20, 2011

Taiwan Style Bubble Tea

Taiwan Style Bubble Tea is getting more and more popular everywhere. This drink is originated from  Taiwan and I usually call it as Tapioca Pearl Tea. The most interesting part of this drink is the exhilaration when the smooth tapioca pearls are slurped through my throat. I used to go to the bubble tea shop at the Oriental Market to buy them every month. The nearest bubble tea stall is about 25 minutes away from my house. I figured out a way to make it myself as it not only saves me money and time; I can alter the taste accordingly by putting less sugar because the original milk tea from the shop is extremely sweet. Sugar rush gets me all guilty after drinking it. Anyway, here is the recipe I came up with:
Bubble Tea
   Ingredients   :

   2            Cup brewed tea  ( i use Boh Tea)
   8            Ounces Tapioca Pearls 
   1/2         Cup Fresh Milk
   1/2         Cup Evaporated Milk
   1/2         Cup Water  (For syrup)
   2            Cup Water  ( For boiling)
   1            Cup Sugar ( add 2- 3 tsp if want sweeter)
   2            Teaspoon Condensed milk
   2            Cup Ice

    Method     :

    In a small pot, heat the 1/2 cup of water and pour sugar in to boil until dissolved. Remove from heat.
    Bring the 2 cups of water to boil and put in the tapioca pearls, adjust to low heat and let it simmer 
    for 15 - 20 minutes. Stir occasionally, when its ready, drain the tapioca pearls and put soak them in  cold water.
    Mix and boil brewed tea with evaporated milk and fresh milk and condensed milk. Leave it cold.
    Ready 3 glass cups, divert /pour the tapioca pearls into three portion evenly, pour in the tea and ice.
    Bubble Tea is served.
  
    Enjoy!!!

No comments: