Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Steamed Marble Egg Cake

I can't believe Steamed Marble Egg Cake can actually turn out to be so beautiful and yummy, i seldom steam cake, usually bake. I think in the future i will try the steaming method more frequently. It is a very easy way for those who don't have an oven. I referred to Samm's Butter Cake Recipe :) and she is one my longest friend, Samantha. Please show some love to her blog too! The only changes I've made from her recipe by replacing the Toblerone Chocolate to Hershey Syrup because I didn't have any chocolates to begin with except Hershey Chocolate Syrup in my refrigerator. So I gave it a try and wow, I never thought it would turn out just as good and my four thousand golds loved it so much. I hope you will like it too.
Steamed Marble Egg Cake
Ingredients:

A)   280   gm unsalted butter
       240   gm sugar
B)   4       eggs
C)   300   gm flour ( Sieve)
       21/2  tablespoon double action baking powder
D)   5 teaspoons of hershey chocolate syrup (you can put more if desired)


Method:

1.Grease baking liner, beat A in a mixing bowl until it become light yellow.
2.Add B, cream and stir well between every egg. Add C, mix well until combined. 
3.Add D, but don't put everything in,only partial ( 2tsp of hershey chocolate syrup). Pour cake batter in greased baking liner and add the balance of D then take a spatula or fork to mix it a bit. This will make
the cake have a marble look.
4.Steam batter in a steamer at high heat for 60 minutes. Can be served warm or cold.



No comments: