Thursday, February 24, 2011

Turmeric Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Kunyit)

This is one of the dish that my mom cooked for me during my confinement, suddenly I miss her so much. "Mommy I miss you so much" she might not be able to hear me now but I'm grateful with a press
on the phone, I can reach her right away. We live far apart, she is oceans away, eventually I talk to her ever alternate day, sometimes even twice a day. She is like staying nearby to me. Trust me, this is one of the extremely prefect tasty confinement dish but of course you also can eat even you're not on confinement, like me now. 
Turmeric Fried Rice
   Ingredients   :

   1        bowl of leftover white rice
   1        knob 2-inches fresh turmeric, cut thin slices ( or 11/2 teaspoon turmeric powder)
   1        knob of ginger approximately 11/2-inches 
   1        stalk green onion (cut slice)
   1/3     cup green bean
   1        1 egg
   50      gm chicken meat (cut cubes)
   1/2     sugar
   1/2     light soy sauce
   1/2     salt
   2-3     dash pepper powder
   2-3     teaspoon cooking oil

   (Marinate the chicken with a little bit salt, dash of pepper powder, 1/2 turmeric powder)


   Method     :
  
   Slowly fried the fresh turmeric and ginger with cooking oil on medium to low heat until aroma.

   Add in the chicken and adjust the heat to high, fried until it turns golden brown. Pour in the rice mix 
   well and fried for a while. Push the rice at the side of the wok/skillet and crack in the egg in the middle.

   Fried the rice until it become lighten and dry, dump in the green onion, fried for another 3 -5 minutes.
   Served while its hot. You may add a fried egg on top if the fried to serve.

   


   Enjoy!!!



Turmeric Fried Rice

No comments: