Monday, April 4, 2011

Hong Kong Style Stir-Fry Chu Lar Choy With Black Bean And Garlic

I really have no idea why this vegetable was given the name "chu lar choy" it means female pig's vegetable. However i haven't seen this vegetable before back in Malaysia. This vegetable is a bit hard, you need to blanch it before cooked. My Hong Kong friend who gave me this vegetable said that she grew it in her backyard, she told me this vegetable is very famous in Hong Kong. She even told me, it is very delicious to cook with black beans and garlic. It takes me a while struggling whether to cook it or not. Normally we will use black bean to steam with pork or brash duck, its kind of weird to cook black beans with vegetables. Not only the person who gave me this vegetable said it is good, in fact there is another friend of mine from Kwong Chow that said it is really good. Since my friend gave me quite a lot of this vegetable, i gave some to my Kwong Chow friend, sharing is caring, and she thanks me very much. I finally decided to try out this simple home cooked dish of Hong Kong. Surprisingly it turns out very good, i fell in love with it right away.

Hong Kong Style Stir-Fry Chu Lar Choy With Black bean And Garlic
    Ingredients     :

    1       bunch chu lar choy, wash and chopped 2-inches length 
    3       cloves garlic, peel and thinly slice
    2       ginger slice
    1       teaspoon black bean
    1       teaspoon oyster sauce
    1/2    teaspoon salt
    1/4    cup water
    2       teaspoon vegetable oil


     Method     :

      Bring to boil a pot of water, add several drops of oil plus 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the vegetable in the
      hot water  and blanch for 15 - 18 seconds. Remove.

      Heat up the wok, add oil, ginger slice, garlic and black bean. Fry for a while and add in the vegetable
      and splash in the water, add in  oyster sauce and salt. Fry to combine everything in the wok, close lid
      and let it simmer for 10 - 12 seconds. 

      Open lid, mix well and dish up to serve.


      Enjoy!!!

      

      

No comments: