Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chicken Wings stir-fry Ginger and Green onion

Tell you what today I really have no idea of what to cook. I opened the fridge and found some chicken wings in the freezer, automatically the idea to cook this is ginger chicken but I'm used to cooking this most of the time. Come to think about it I need to cook and post some new dishes on my blog after all I've not been cooking for several weeks. I don't know why I'm running out of ideas on what to cook ever since I came back from Malaysia. Is it because I have left my heart in Malaysia or I'm still in the holiday mood or maybe I need to warm up a little bit. Hehe!!  This I need to thank my relatives and friends for treating me so nice until it ends up this way. LOL  No matter what, Hey!!!  Keyna, wake up and get back to reality, you're back in States now and cooking is part of your daily routine. Where are all your ideas??? hemmm!! I think maybe I need to make a trip to the biggest market to check out the fresh food and what's in season now. I hope this will help me to bring back some ideas.

Not say that I'm running out of ideas means this chicken is so so.... this time I make a little changes on how to cook this chicken wings, surprisingly the taste turns out really good. Don't believe what I say, check out the ingredients and try it yourself. My children gobbled everything up!
Chicken Wings stir-fry Ginger and Green Onion
Chicken Wings stir-fry Ginger and Green Onion

   Ingredients     :

   4    chicken wings, cleaned and chopped 
   10  ginger slice
   1    stalk green onion, trimmed and cut
   1/2 onion, peeled and cut wedges
   2    teaspoon oyster sauce
   1    teaspoon shaoxing wine
   1/2 sugar
   1/2 teaspoon dark soy sauce
   1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
   1/4 cup water
   1/2 teaspoon corn starch, mix with 2 teaspoon water
   2    teaspoon vegetable oil
   salt to taste
   dash of pepper powder
   dash of fish sauce
   dash of sesame oil

    Method   :

    Marinate chicken wings with light soy sauce, pepper powder and sesame oil.

    Heat up the wok on high heat, add in the ginger to fry until golden brown and add in the chicken
    wings, continue to fry for 1 - 2 minutes. Pour in the water, sugar, oyster sauce and dark sauce and 
    cover the wok lid and let it simmer for a while.

    Open wok lid and splash in the shaoxing wine, add onion and green onion and stir in the corn starch
    mixture. Fry and stir until everything coated with gravy.

     Dish up and serve.

    

    
   

No comments: