Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hyacinth Bean Chicken Soup (Pang Mei Tao Tonn)

It took me awhile to find the name for this bean. I've asked my friends to help me with it. Finally, I got the name from my schoolmate now located in Chicago. Thanks Ling Lee for making an effort to look up this for me. In fact this bean goes by several names, Lablab Bean, Dolichos Bean and one of the names was even Poor Man's Bean. LOL!! I think it's quite right cause when I was young, I was staying in the village and I saw most of the neighbors plant this in their yard or grow around their fences surrounding their house. I think the reason is, this is an easy to grow plant or maybe like what the name is, it is a poor man's bean. Anyways i still believe this bean is very healthy and good for digestion. This definitely is organic, it grows from my relatives backyard. I really want to Thank my SIL for sharing this with me.
 Hyacinth Bean Chicken Soup (Pang Mei Tao Tonn)

   Ingredients   :
  
   1   lb hyacinth bean, wash and trim
   3   chicken tight, remove skin
   1   tablespoon red dates, seedless
   5   dried oyster
   6   cups water
   salt to taste


   Method   :

    Blanch chicken and set aside. Boil water and dump in the chicken, red dates, dried oyster. let it boil on
    medium  heat for about 15 minutes. 

    Add hyacinth beans, adjust heat to low heat and let it boil for about 1 - 2 hours. Add salt to taste.

    Enjoy!!!
   
Hyacinth Bean Chicken Soup (Pang Mei Tao Tonn)

No comments: