Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fried Lettuce With Fermented Beancurd(Fu Yu Yao Mak)

This is definitely an organic vegetable, it is fresh cut from my friend's backyard. I really don't know how to difference the shape between organic or non organic however I find that this lettuce is much much more delicious compare to those brought back from the market. I think I need to start growing my own organic vegetable since I have a big back yard and the season now is just perfect to grow more herbs and
vegetables.
Let me tell you a little about my back yard, at the moment now I've planted a guava tree, kumquat tree, lemon tree, lime tree, loquat fruit tree, lychee tree, longan tree,chili padi, curry leave tree, lemon grass, rosemary, cilantro, green onion, chives, mint, basil and aloe vera. I used to have a pandan leave tree, due to the recent cold weather it has killed it, I think I need to plant it into a pot so that I can put it into the house during winter.
Fried Lettuce With Fermented Beancurd (Fu Yu Yao Mak)
    Ingredients     :

    1            pound chinese lettuce ( yao mak)
    2            cubes of fermented beancurd ( fu yu)
    2            chili padi, cut slice
    3            slice ginger
    3            cloves garlic, peeled and slightly smashed
    11/2       teaspoon salt
    1/2         teaspoon sugar
     1           teaspoon oyster sauce
     2           tablespoon vegetable oil

     Method     :

     Heat the wok on high and pour in the vegetable oil. 

     Add in the ginger slice and garlic and follow by the chinese lettuce and stir-fry for a while.

     Add in the fermented beancurd (fu yu) , chili padi, oyster sauce, salt and sugar.

     Stir-fry for a while and dish up. Serve immediately.


     Enjoy!!



     
    

No comments: